What are the advantages of NFC over QRcode?
- NFC reading is done without launching an app. The smartphone automatically displays the page, the screen is on, while QR Code users must manually open the QR reader app. Then they have to scan to load the page.
- NFC operation is not dependent on print quality or lighting conditions.
- The information contained in a QR code is final, whereas with NFC, it is possible to allow users to modify the content.
- NFC technology allows two devices containing this technology, such as a smartphone with a supermarket payment terminal, to interact.
- In terms of security, when transmitting information, it is necessary that the equipment exchanging information is very close, less than 5 cm. There is therefore little risk that an outside party can collect this information.
What is an Instant App?
Google , Apple and NFCready are now offering NFC-dedicated Instant Apps.
Imagine for a moment that you walk into a coffee shop and notice that there is a long line. Next to the cash register, you see a sign inviting you to skip the line and purchase your coffee via the coffee shop’s app.
Let me tell you, mine would be, “I’m not going to install an app that will take up valuable space on my device.” That would then lead me to wonder what kind of data they are going to collect about my life and then I will probably get spammed. No thanks. And all this just to skip a line…
Avoid the lines without giving up privacy
Apps instantaneous are about to change the way you think, and; moreover, they are likely to change the way we interact with our environment using our mobile devices. They allow you to do “here and now” activities using your device almost instantly without sacrificing privacy or sharing your geolocation.
In the coffee example above, an NFCready® digital contactless card will invoke an instant app where you are logged in using your mobile connection and can purchase using a wallet electronic allowing you to finalize your purchase in seconds, efficiently skipping the line.
Apple’s App Clips on iOS14 (video above), Google’s Instant App on Android, NFCready App on the mobile web are generalizing new uses. Your NFC phone opens the doors of homes, your car, pays for your everyday purchases, informs you about the composition of everyday products, authenticates branded products, displays your restaurant menu, activates the vending machines of ticket machines and transportation, etc ….
- Big brands (Nike, Adidas, Dyne, Bulgary .. ) are integrating NFC components into their product to improve user experience, engagement and customer relationship
What is an NFT?
NFTs (an acronym for Non-Fungible Tokens) are unique digital items, such as works of art, whose proof of ownership is stored on a blockchain (a publicly accessible digital database).
- All our cards are NFT compatible